- How do I retrieve my username and password?
A: To retrieve your username, attempt to log in with no username; you will be given the option to retrieve your username. You may also contact CAA by phone or e-mail during regular business hours to reset your username and password.
- How much does it cost to change from one aircraft to another aircraft?
A: The cost to change from one aircraft to another is $100.00 if it is for the same registered owner.
- Can I share fuel price information?
A: CAA prices are proprietary and may not be disclosed to anyone not associated with your CAA membership account.
- When do weekly fuel prices update?
A: Fuel Prices change on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Search each individual FBO on the website or mobile app for the specific day and time prices are valid.
- Are management companies eligible for membership?
A: CAA does accept for membership Management Companies or someone representing multiple owners. If the management company holds a 135 Certificate, the airplanes they are managing under CAA as Part 91 aircraft must NOT appear on their Part 135 certificate.
- How long does it take for an application to be approved?
A: Your application is usually processed and approved the same day, between the hours of 8:00 AM CST and 5:00 PM CST, Monday through Friday. Weekend or holiday submissions will be processed the next business day.
- I am not receiving the Monthly Voting Emails. What should I do?
A: If you are not receiving the Monthly Voting Emails / Weekly Fuel Price Updates, log on to the CAA website at www.caa.org, and make sure “Receive newsletters, announcements and updates” is turned on in your Profile. If you are still not receiving the Weekly Fuel Price Updates, please add our e-mail server address firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list. This will help ensure our emails are not marked as spam or junk mail.
- Does CAA guarantee to have the lowest fuel price on the field?
A: CAA does NOT guarantee to have the lowest fuel price on the field because we cannot control non-CAA FBO's fuel prices. However, CAA does guarantee to beat the price of any fuel program offered to part 91 operators at a CAA Preferred FBO by at least 10 cents per gallon.
- How do I get an FBO to become a CAA Preferred FBO member?
A: If there is an FBO you think would make a good CAA Preferred FBO, contact the FBO's General Manager and ask them to consider joining CAA. If they are interested, ask the General Manager to contact CAA directly for more information on how to become a CAA Preferred FBO member, or simply have them visit the CAA website at www.caa.org and complete the "Interested FBO Sign Up" form.
- Do I need a credit card on file to join the Free Trial Program?
A: It costs nothing to join the 3-month Free Trial Program. You are NOT required to keep a credit card on file. This is truly a risk-free trial. There is nothing to lose and plenty to GAIN!
- Am I obligated to join CAA after my three-month trial period ends?
A: No. You are not obligated to join CAA after your three-month trial period ends. However, because CAA has saved members thousands of dollars annually, we are very confident that you will join CAA - as most of our trial members do.
- Will my expiration date remain the same if I renew after my membership has expired?
A: No. If you renew after your membership has expired, your expiration date will be set one year from the receipt date of your renewal application.
- Will my credit card and billing information be kept on file for later use?
A: No. Your credit card and billing information will NOT be kept on file for later use. You must provide your credit card and billing information each time that payment is required.
- Can I send a check for payment?
A: You may by mail, but CAA does NOT recommend that members make payment via check. Payment by check will delay the application process. Currently, online/ACH payments are not accepted as our system does not allow for processing.
- What forms of payment can I use to pay my membership dues?
A: CAA accepts all major credit cards: VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS & DISCOVER.
- Does CAA offer after hour service?
A: CAA does not offer after-hour service.
- Do I have to be registered with NBAA to be eligible to become a CAA member?
A: CAA is an independent stand-alone organization. You are not required to be registered with NBAA to become a CAA member.
- Can I join CAA if I own or have interest in an FBO?
A: Yes. You may join CAA if you own or have interest in an FBO.
- Can I join CAA if I hold a part 135 operating certificate?
A: Yes, you CAN join CAA if you hold a part 135 operating certificate. However, the aircraft on your CAA membership must be part 91 and NOT appear on your 135 certificate.
- Can I join CAAif my aircraft are managed by an aircraft management company that holds a part 135 operating certificate?
A: Yes. You ARE eligible to become a CAA member if your aircraft are managed by a management company that holds a part 135 operating certificate, as long as the aircraft you enroll is a part 91 and not listed on a Part 135 certificate.
- I have a temporary registration number (N #) due to maintenance or repairs. What should I do?
A: If you have a temporary registration number (N #) due to maintenance or repairs, please contact CAA during regular business hours for immediate assistance.
- Will I receive a membership card via mail after signing up?
A: No. You will NOT receive a membership card by mail. ALL CAA FBOs are required to verify membership through a tail number lookup in our system. You may install the CAA app on an iPad, tablet, or any smartphone device to gain access to your digital membership card.
- Does CAA offer the fuel discount for other fuel types?
A: No. Currently CAA offers fuel discounts for Jet Fuel only.
- What is a DCA Gateway FBO?
A: DCA Gateway FBO is a post 911 TSA Designation given to an FBO at a designated DCA Gateway Airport that has met the security requirements prescribed by TSA to allow private aircraft to travel from that FBO to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (KDCA).
- Can based CAA members receive the CAA fuel price discount?
A: CAA Preferred FBOs are not required to offer the CAA fuel price discount to based CAA members.